Onat holds a Bachelors degree in Shipbuilding and Ocean Engineering, and a Masters degree in Energy Science and Technology from Istanbul Technical University.
He has previous experience as a new-building and repair Engineer at various Turkish shipyards. He has been involved with a number of different repair and conversion projects, and dealt with a range of different types of vessels. He has also experience in Quality control, Project Planning and Cost Analysis.
Onat joined the firm in 2019 and has been mainly dealing with Loss Prevention and Repair Projects/Surveys.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Diploma of Naval Architecture & Mechanical Engineering – National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece (1999).
- 1999 – 2001, Superintendent Engineer in TRITEA MARITIME, monitoring Classification and Statutory program/surveys, preparing repair specifications and attending dry-docks. Routine ship inspections and ISM audits.
- 2002 – 2004, working as a Marine Field Surveyor at HELLENIC REGISTER OF SHIPPING Classification Society. Carrying out annual intermediate and special surveys or occasional damage surveys for Classification purposes. Carrying out statutory surveys on behalf of Flag Administrations.
- 2004 – 2011, working as a marine surveyor and damage evaluator at MENTOR S.A., specialising in yacht surveys and handling various claims.
- 2011 – 2012, working as a marine surveyor and damage evaluator at LYSIS Ltd., specialising in yacht surveys and handling various claims.
- 2012 – 2016, working as an in-house marine surveyor at AIGAION INSURANCE CO., in charge of H&M and P&I surveys onboard ships and yachts.
- 2017 – to date, joined the surveying staff of Mentor Marine Consultants.
- Member of the Hellenic Association of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
- Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE)
– Greek (mother tongue)
– English (fluent)