Handan was born in Izmir and studied at the Yildiz Technical University. She joined Mentor Marine Consultants Istanbul in 2018. She works as an executive assistant in our office in charge of all administrative tasks. She acts as office manager, has a great knowledge of the local Turkish market, oversees our filing and billing system and works in close contact with our local Accountants.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
Diploma of Naval Architecture & Mechanical Engineering – National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), Greece (1999).
- 1999 – 2001, Superintendent Engineer in TRITEA MARITIME, monitoring Classification and Statutory program/surveys, preparing repair specifications and attending dry-docks. Routine ship inspections and ISM audits.
- 2002 – 2004, working as a Marine Field Surveyor at HELLENIC REGISTER OF SHIPPING Classification Society. Carrying out annual intermediate and special surveys or occasional damage surveys for Classification purposes. Carrying out statutory surveys on behalf of Flag Administrations.
- 2004 – 2011, working as a marine surveyor and damage evaluator at MENTOR S.A., specialising in yacht surveys and handling various claims.
- 2011 – 2012, working as a marine surveyor and damage evaluator at LYSIS Ltd., specialising in yacht surveys and handling various claims.
- 2012 – 2016, working as an in-house marine surveyor at AIGAION INSURANCE CO., in charge of H&M and P&I surveys onboard ships and yachts.
- 2017 – to date, joined the surveying staff of Mentor Marine Consultants.
- Member of the Hellenic Association of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers
- Member of the Technical Chamber of Greece (TEE)
– Greek (mother tongue)
– English (fluent)